Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summer Greens

I've never been a huge fan of vegetables, but lately I've been trying my very best to introduce more of them into my diet. Recently my mom came to visit and made me a wonderful summer salad that offers a variety of greens in one delish bite. It is very simple to make which is a huge bonus for someone like me that doesn't like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen...although I must admit I'm begining to work on this too!

~Jeanne


Broccoli Salad
1 pkg. broccoli slaw
I c. celery, chopped
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 c. sunflower seeds
2 pkg. ramen noodles beef flavor (broken into pieces)
2 pkg. ramen seasoning
3/4 c. oil
1/2 c. sugar
1/3 c. apple cider vinegar

Make the dressing in a bowl by mixing together the beef flavor seasoning, oil, sugar and vinegar. In a seperate bowl, combine the slaw, celery, onions and seeds. Place the ramen noodles in the bowl of dressing. Stir together. Then, pour this dressing with ramen noodles over the vegetables and seeds. Toss to blend in the dressing.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment