Monday, October 4, 2010

Satisfaction Guaranteed

I’m a strong believer in customer service and lately I’ve noticed that my patronage to certain businesses is often overlooked. When it comes to retail stores, restaurants, airlines or any other type of business, if I’m not completely satisfied with the way I’m treated, I will take my business elsewhere.  Just ask Hollywood Video…
Yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised by the service I received at Nordstrom.  Back in February I had purchased a black sweater that I absolutely loved.  When I find something I really like, I tend to buy it in several colors as was the case with this sweater. Unfortunately, even though I followed the care instructions closely, all three sweaters started to shrink.  They had shrunk so much that there was no way I could continue wearing them (without looking like I had borrowed something out of a little girl’s closet).  I had heard that Nordstrom was pretty good when it comes to returns, so I decided to try my luck.  Only thing is, I had purchased each sweater separately and I only had one receipt. But I decided to give it a try anyway.  So I headed to Nordstrom Customer Service and explained my sweater issue with the lady.  And ta-da…sweaters returned, no questions asked!  The customer service I received at Nordstrom definitely impressed me in a way that I’ll never forget.  They’ve officially earned a spot on my Favorite Retailers List.

~Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment